The Art of Perspectives 2: Dec. 2023 (Mon.) Grades 6-12th
This course will introduce students to the fundamentals of Natural and Linear Perspective. Using a hands-on approach, students will learn the basic concepts and techniques used to create landscapes, houses, towns, cities, forms, and objects.
The class will begin by doing in-depth study of natural perspective and five ways to portray the illusion of depth/space on a 2D surface. The students will be taught, using a hands-on approach to illustrate positive/negative space, atmospheric space, foreground/middle ground/background, overlapping, placement, size, capturing edges, details and apply textures to create realistic surfaces.
We will introduce linear perspective by learning the basics of one-point perspective, using a mathematical approach to render depth. The class will learn how to draw a one-point perspective room and a house in a natural/linear landscape.
Finally, they will learn the theory and application of two-point perspective by illustrating a variety of subjects using two vanishing points. Students will strengthen their skills using exercises and worksheets in two-point perspective, to prepare them for their final project.
Final Project: Design a Dynamic Two-Point Perspective Cityscape!
Homework- Required on Projects and Worksheets
Instructor will provide materials to print or view as a PDF.
Basic drawing skills
Grade Levels: Middle School (6-8th), High School (9-12th)
Start Date: Monday, December 18, 2023
Time: 3:00PM - 4:00PM
Frequency: Once a week for 6 weeks
Cost: $180 per session
Duration: 60 minutes
Your pod instructor will provide all meeting links and course content via email after registration. Please ensure that you have stable internet connection during each class session.
Virtual Pods Policies
- Standard Enrollment: Most classes are standard enrollment courses which require student to be enrolled prior to the start of each course.
- Open Enrollment: If a course states "Open Enrollment" in its description you may still register into the course by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Course links will be provided via email to registered students at least 24 hours prior to the first class session.
- If you need to cancel a class registration, please contact us at email@example.com with the following information: class title, day and time; student's name; your name, email and phone number. To receive a full refund, please contact us regarding the cancellation at least 24 hours prior to the first class session.
- If your student will be absent from a class session, please communicate this to your instructor. Unfortunately, we do not offer make-ups or prorated refunds.
- If your student misses 3 consecutive lessons without communication with your instructor, your student may be dropped from the class and you will forfeit the class fee.
- If no students have joined the meeting 10 minutes after the start time, the lesson may be cancelled at the instructor's discretion. This is considered a missed lesson and is not eligible for a refund.
- If an instructor cancels a class session, payments may be prorated to compensate for the missed session if a make-up day cannot be scheduled.
- If any instructor cancels a class series, you will receive a prorated refund based on the percentage of lessons you have paid for that were cancelled.
Want additional help? Check out tutoring services!